Everybody know about the usage of MailPress since 4 to 5 months, the respective features are very good and awesome as well, Since its first release in July 2008, new features have been added to MailPress as well as optional ones (addons). MailPress version 1.9.x is fully compliant with the WordPress 2.6 admin design.
- WordPress 2.6 or higher.
- PHP version 5.2 or higher.
- MySQL version 5.0 or higher.
As the official site says, this plugin will be able to send in beautiful and styled HTML and Plain Text mails based on dedicated themes and templates for any e-mail notification.
Steps for Installation: (Content Courtesy: MailPress)
- Make sure you have already installed WordPress 2.6 or above.
- Unzip the MailPress package in an empty directory.
- Inside mailpress folder, you will find some addons. Make your choice to scale MailPress to your needs.
- For each selected addon (WordPress plugins interacting with MailPress) :
- Copy the zip file in the newly created directory.
- Unzip the package.
- Upload every unzipped folders in wp-content/plugins.
- Make sure that the wp-content/plugins/mailpress/tmp folder is writable.
- Log in to your WordPress admin and point your browser to “Plugins” page.
- Activate MailPress plugin first, then activate MailPress addons.
- Point your browser to “Settings > MailPress”, fill and save the settings for each tab.
- Once everything is installed, use the Test tab in “Settings > MailPress” to validate your settings.
To integrate the form subscription on your blog you can choose between :
- Widget option : you can use the MailPress widget.
- Code option : add the following code in your “sidebar.php”
<?php if (class_exists('MailPress')) MailPress::form(); ?>
If you would like to know more information, you can visit the same at this locations:
WordPress Plugin Directory: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailpress/screenshots/
Official Site of MailPress Plugin: http://www.mailpress.org/